At Bethlahem Matric Higher Secondary School library has moved well beyond the concept of mere isolated facility for housing books and other materials but a integral component of the total teaching-learning process. The library is well-stocked with over 5,000 titles, organized properly as per the age and author for easy browsing and selection. The students are under the guidance of experienced librarian ensuring easy accessibility.We have a dedicated pre primary library with colorful creative books for the little ones too.
Bethlahem Matric Higher Secondary School has separate well stocked libraries for Primary, Middle and High school. The libraries are supported by qualified teacher librarians a well lit and ventilated, user friendly with browsing areas, reference sections, periodical sections and general sections. All students are oriented how to use Library.Besides the print library, the school has numerous digital resources (IPad School). The school library is a place where students and staff are always welcome to use the available resources.
Rules and Regulations
- Student are permitted to borrow only one book from the school library at a time and should retain it only for a period of one week.
- The librarian may call for the return of a particular book even before the expiry of the due date. Reference books and periodicals should not be taken out of the Reading Room..
- A borrower who does not return a book by the due date will be allowed a grace period of one week. If he fails to return the book even after the grace period, he will be liable to pay a fine at the rate of Rs. 10/- per week.
- Borrowers should report any damage, loss of pages, pictures, etc. to the librarian before they accept the books..
- Books borrowed are non-transferable. It is the responsibility of the borrowers to take care of the books borrowed by them..
- If any book is lost, damaged or badly handled, the actual cost for replacement of the book will have to be paid by the borrower.
- Strict silence should be maintained inside the Library.